My First SKCC WES

 


My First SKCC WES (Weekend Sprintathon)

- March 11, 2023, Saturday.



I'm a new CW op, recently became a SKCC member (#27223), this is the first time to do SKCC WES.


On Saturday I was tuning my DIY trail EFHW antenna in the backyard:

Finished trail EFHW antenna


Half wavelength stealth antenna wire pulled up by a fishing pole, forming an inverted V


RG316 coaxial cable -- 1:49 UNUN transformer -- half wavelength stealth antenna wire


I used my DIY paddle key as a straight key to hunt a few POTA and SOTA, and then did 2 SKCC WES QSO's, nice!

DIY iambic paddle key used as a straight key


My 1st QSO was with K7GUD (23806s), after sending his name "PAT" he mentioned "b" which means a bug key he was using.


My 2nd QSO was with KS1KCC (20550s), he sent his name "SKCC", I thought "What? Is this a human name?" Then I asked him to re-send his name, he sent "SKCC" again... Later I realized it was the KS1KCC club callsign! HI HI.


This week's SKCC WES results are shown on SKCC WES website. I got 64 scores, overall 281 among the 295 participants, not bad!  😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My DIY BCI filter - a beauty!

Coyote Peak can be a SOTA + POTA activation area

W6/CV-006 Campbell Mountain – 1st SOTA Activation